It’s a busy time here at Orange Door! Our next dinner is less than two weeks away and we are beginning to plan for what the next year will hold for us as we expand beyond our monthly events! We will have a lot to write about in the coming months, but for now we wanted to take a moment to say thank you for all of the support that we have received from our community of amazing friends over the past year. Here is a quick look at what we have done in our first year. We…
- Started with two and now have 47 members!
- Were inspired by the late summer harvest and the bounty of spring.
- Have an additional 35 people on our waitlist. (We promise to get you in here for an event soon!)
- Brought our members tastes from Scandinavia and Mexico.
- Hosted ten events in year one…eight dinners and two brunches.
- Marked the holiday season with pizza and beer!
- Have cooked 79 unique and delicious courses.
- Flexed our creative muscles with our black & white supper.
- Carefully crafted 11 different cocktails.
- Brought some down home Carolina cookin’ to New England.
- Added a third furry friend (Indy) to our canine host committee!
- Created our perfect vision of a brunch…twice!
- Created a new logo and rebranded our website.
- Celebrated the strawberry.
- Started our first kitchen garden. (We’re still harvesting carrots & kale!)
- Wrote eight blog posts.
- Made amazing new friends, and found a new way to connect with old ones.
If we did this all when Orange Door was just a hobby…imagine what our second year will hold! Thank you all and stay tuned…